The PGA of America is offering scholarship awards of $8,000 each to up to five students from diverse backgrounds pursuing a PGA Golf Management University Program degree. Earn your bachelor’s degree in a golf industry compatible major, have the ability to apply for PGA Membership, and earn the right to wear one of the most recognized logos in sports. High school seniors, high school graduates or current undergraduates planning to enroll in, or already enrolled in, full-time undergraduate study at one of the 18 accredited PGA Golf Management Universities for the entire 2018-19 academic year are encouraged to apply.
- Designed to recruit and assist students from diverse backgrounds in their intent to pursue PGA of America Membership.
- Scholarship awards of $8,000 each for up to five (5) students pursuing a PGA Golf Management University Program degree.
- Applicants must be high school seniors, high school graduates or current undergraduates planning to enroll in, or are already enrolled in, fulltime undergraduate study at one of the 18 accredited PGA Golf Management Universities for the entire 2018-19 academic year. Qualified applicants must be pursuing a PGA Golf Management University Program degree with the intent to pursue PGA of America Membership.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, statement of goals and aspirations, unusual personal or family circumstances, an outside appraisal, and demonstrated active participation in the game of golf. To increase diversity and inclusiveness in PGA of America Membership, preference will be given to people of color and women.
- To learn more and apply, visit https://scholarsapply.org/pgaworks
- Applications must be submitted on or before February 28, 2018.
- To ensure success and perpetuity of the program, as well as objectivity in the selection process, the PGA has retained Scholarship America as third-party administrator. Scholarship America is the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals.